Before I say anything else, let me start off by saying – I usually hate anything having to do with plus size mattresses. Other companies have approached me about them and I’ve always thought it was such a strange concept. Why would I need a specific mattress? Why am I being singled out? Something about it always seemed off…until my bed broke a month ago.
So I’ve realized…I do need extra support, and not just for sleeping. I do so much in my bed. Outside of the obvious, I do work in my bed, I have friends hang out in my bed, and my bed oftentimes becomes a second closet. My bed is an integral part of my life and up until last month I wasn’t treating it as such. But as an actual 30+ adult, I think it’s time I start caring just a little bit, eh?
I did some research and I sifted through my emails. Of all of the companies that reached out, Titan by Brooklyn Bedding stood out the most. The brand piqued my interest, so I did some digging. Here’s what I found out about Titan by Brooklyn Bedding:
- Firm-level support balances just the right amount of pressure point relief with a substantially solid surface
- A 1” layer of quilted, gel memory foam resists body impressions and provides optimal cooling comfort while you sleep
- A 2” layer of patented TitanFlex foam delivers responsive contouring with targeted pressure point relief
- A 6” core of up to 1,024 individually encased TitanCaliber coils provides industrial support, coupled with superior motion isolation
- A 2” high density foam base add durability to the mattress while reinforcing individually encased coils as they compress
- An optional cooling top panel moderates temperature while delivering ultimate cooling on contact
- Delivered in a box, allowing for easy transportation from your door to door bedroom
- Proudly custom made in the USA with a 10-year warranty
- There’s a 120-night risk free trial
So to sum it up…this mattress is iron clad.
My mattress was ordered and at my house within a couple of days. I had my friends over on a Friday night to unbox it, but I could have easily done it alone. I built my frame by myself in a matter of 15 minutes, and my mattress was out of the box and dressed within 30. You won’t believe what happened next…I got the best sleep I’ve had in over a year. And the two weeks since, it takes hell and highwater to get up in the morning. I. LOVE. THIS. BED.
My takeaways from the past two weeks?
- Titan by Brooklyn Bedding is the stuff dreams are made of, literally. The different layers of foam truly feel like clouds, and the composition combination knocks me out as soon as my head touches the pillow.
- Firm mattresses are the wave. My last mattress was a marshmallow, and I thought it was the bees knees. Titan has changed the game for me. As I get older and creakier, I need the support! The squishy sleep I was getting before pales in comparison to the sleep I’m getting now.
- Cooling top panels actually work. I’m not quite sure why I was so skeptical about cooling panels before (I think the Advertising/PR major in me is always approaching things with a grain of salt), but the cooling panel actually works! I have three windows in my bedroom and no AC, so I get lots of sunlight and not a ton of cold air and summers in my bedroom aren’t fun sometimes. It’s been very hot and humid few days in NYC and the cooling panel has made my rest a lot more comfortable.
What would I rate this mattress? 10/10, no joke. I don’t take that lightly. There are so many pro’s to it and I’ve been waiting two weeks to find a con. Haven’t found one yet!
You can shop the Titan by Brooklyn Bedding for yourself here.